Monday, December 8, 2008

The Countdown Begins...




Hello,
So this past week has been quite the relaxing one. We started off on Monday having a girls/guys overnighter. Us girls had a "Day and a Life of Jen Lee" (our intern) time. We started off by going to a place near Nanaimo for a small day hike, then we headed to the pool, and finished our time off with coffee and dinner. We stayed the night at our school leader Jim Badke's house and had a time of worship and some of the girls watched Sense & Sensibility while the others stayed and chatted. I've really found these overnighters quite interesting. Its really sweet to be able to get to know the girls better as I have only made really good guy friends since being here at Kaleo. It has also been very cool being here as God has been stretching me to use my musical abilities. I believe I have mentioned before that I was having trouble feeling confident here to express myself. Well since that I've been feeling more and more comfortable and willing to step out in that area. So at the girls overnighter I was able to lead worship then also this past week I was in charge of the first part of chapel and then this past weekend I planned a Talent Show with Erin (one of the girls here) and so Daniel Wilcox and I did a duet together. The guys also had a guy overnighter where they went to Mystic Beach for a time of exploring. For the rest of the week we had a Christmas Tree Hunt where we found and decorated our tree as well as the Talent Show that I had mentioned earlier. It was a good week for relaxing and enjoying our time. My favorite part of Kaleo is still classes as I love learning but it is good to have a bit of a break, especially because we were able to do tons of fun things. As far as our ministry went with our churches, on Friday we went to youth which was really good. We haven't been able to go for the past couple of weeks as we haven't had the transportation but it was good to go back again now that all the weekend retreats that the camp has during the fall are now over. On Sunday we also went to church and it is such a encourgaging church. They have times of sharing what is going on in their lives, and one person stood up and mentioned how he's new to the church and he went to one of their meetings and was encouraged at how they pray for those who have left the church. Its really interesting to watch how they love and support others. Every Sunday they pray for some of the families who have stopped coming for numerous reasons and it was neat to see how someone who is new to the church saw that as a encouragement and was truly touched by seeing and watching them lift up their fellow Christians in prayer instead of ignoring them but rather challenging them to reach out to those families. One of the piano players at the church confronted me this past Sunday as well and asked me if I could play piano for the month of January and February. I said yes, even though I may regret that soon as he is a excellent piano player and I am far from good when it comes to hymms and chorus' that I have never heard before. But I think it'll be a good challenge and a way for me to feel more connected with my church. I feel that so far I haven't been able to really help out at our church so I'm looking forward for that chance to bless them through that. As for this next week, it is our last week before going home. I will be headed back to Bonnyville on December 13th and I am looking forward to seeing everyone again! Before we go home we have a couple papers and such due as well as we're having a Christmas Banquet and a Kaleo Christmas which should be a lot of fun. Some prayer requests would be for us as a Kaleo, that we would have a great last week together and that if any friendships need healing that would come before the holiday then during the holiday that we would be refreshed and ready to reenter our life here at Kaleo. Thank-you so much!

No comments: