Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Time Has Come


AHHH!!!!
What did I get myself into?? I cannot believe that the time has come and today I'll be headed to Vancouver where we'll stay the night and wait for our flight to Tokyo then head over to India. It is insane how fast time has gone. This past week we had our Gospels course which was such a good way to prepare us for our missions trip. We went over the whole Gospel of Luke which was great as we were able to read the text together and grapple with some of the questions we had about it. Then this past weekend we have been busy packing and getting ready for India. One of our teams has already left for Vancouver and today we leave as well as the team for New York. Like I mentioned before I am so excited to go yet nervous about the lasting impacts that I know this trip will have on my life. One of my biggest concerns is however is freedom. I have been struggling with this concept and having freedom within my team. Freedom to speak up and out in prayer with our group as it is so easy for me to sit there and to only connect with God by myself but learning how to have that relationship with God and join with others in theirs is something that I hope to learn. If you could pray that our whole team would experience freedom to share and to live life together as we're there would be absolutely amazing. Same goes with the New York and Vancouver inner city church. Also that God would break our hearts for these people and that our focus would be 100% on God, that we would depend on him for everything and that we would not go about this as a bunch of individuals but as a community of faith functioning as Christ's own arms, legs, feet, eyes, etc. Thank-you so much for your support and prayers, I absolutely appreciate it and love you all for taking the time to be updated on my life and to keep me in your prayers! To my family, thank-you for allowing me to go on this trip and support me fully even though India isn't the most stable of places. God has been there before us and I'm excited to follow in those footsteps and join him there! To friends, thank-you for all your little facebook encouragement messages and the verses that you have been piling on me. It is so good to be part of the community of God and to lift eachother up. Thank-you all and I look forward to sharing what God has done when I come back on March 26th!!
Daneille Dirk

No comments: