Wednesday, February 7, 2007

4 More Days

Hello Everyone,
Well let's try this again, I just typed out a huge page but lost everything but I guess with more practice at this blog thing it'll get better. After much thought I decided that I am going to start this blog instead of attempting to gather all of the email addresses and organize them in order to send the updates. So we'll see how much luck I have after losing my first page of information. lol. Well it's officially near the time of departure and I am getting very nervous. Before my "graduation" on the 3rd I haven't really thought much of Australia but the reality of it is starting to kick in quickly. I am pleased to announce that all of my support that I have asked for has thankfully been provided. So I have raised all of the needed money to go, so now I am saving for things like food and for day trips to go on while I'm there. I have been so blessed to raise this much support and thank-you couldn't possibly describe the extent of my gratitude for your support! I can't believe that it is almost time for me to go, I have been getting very nervous and scared but thankfully as of last week I will not be travelling alone. One of the youth leaders in Bonnyville has a friend Dannell who is going to the same YWAM Brisbane. So Dannell ( prounounced more like Den-elle) and myself met up a few weeks ago and she has just recently recieved her student visa. So thankfully my flight still had some open spots so she'll be travelling with me which has been a huge encouragement. I have also found out that a fellow quizzer who I met a few years ago is also going to YWAM. I will not be flying down with him but he'll be there when I arrive at Brisbane which is completely awesome. God has really shown that He wants me on this trip and I can't wait to see what He has planned for me while I am learning and serving Him in Australia. I would have never guessed that I would be going to a Bible school yet alone a Bible school in Australia a year ago but here I am ready to leave. It is amazing what happens to your life once you allow God to be the center. Right now I would like to ask for your continual prayer support; getting the funds and everything in order was the first step but I will definitely need your prayer support as I am preparing, leaving, and staying in Australia these next months. One prayer request for right now is definitely peace. I have been so nervous about this trip and worried about leaving my family and friends. I have really had a hard time thinking about leaving because I know that I will not be able to have a phone beside me everynight and a computer just downstairs. So peace is definitely something that I really need. Also that my health will be all figured out and worked out. I have Graves disease which is a fancy word for a hyper thyroid disease and I will need to get tests taken while I am in Australia and in the outreach area (which is undecided for a while yet) monthly. I have taken my final blood tests and we are waiting for some results in the next couple of days but I would be very grateful for your prayer support in the area of health and that nothing will go wrong while I am gone. Thankfully I have been informed that I am covered for my health care in Australia while I am gone! Besides those specific prayer requests I would ask that you would pray that God will use me in my relationship with others and that I will be open and willing to be used in all areas that I can. I know this trip will be a life-changing and unforgetable adventure and I am so excited to see what God has in store with my life through going on this trip and learning more about Him. I am so thankful for all of your friendships and for this opportunity that you have supported me in. As I said before words cannot express my gratitude. Take Care.
Daneille Dirk

No comments: